Vijender Singh Wiki, Caste, Age, Wife, Height, Weight, Family, Biography and Hidden Secrets : Vijender Singh is a very popular Indian Boxer who has now turned professional in 2015. Very first Indian boxer to win a very important medal in the Olympic Games. In 2019, he also finally joined the Indian National Congress to contest the very important 2019 General Election from the area named South Delhi Lok Sabha constituency.
Vijender Singh Wiki/Biography, Caste
Vijender Singh was born in the family of Jat on the date of 29 October 1985 (Age: 34 years, as in 2019) in the small place of Kaluwas, Bhiwani, Haryana, India. His father, who was his inspiration named Mahipal Singh Beniwal, was a bus driver in Haryana Roadways. He also received his primary education from his village, where he got knowledge Kaluwas and secondary education from area named Bhiwani. He then able to get enrolled at Vaish College of Education in Bhiwani from where he is able to get and received his bachelor degree from there. Having been inspired by boxer Raj Kumar Sangwan, Vijender decided to be a boxer.
His elder brother, Manoj was also a very good boxer. Due to his excellent boxing skills When his brother, Manoj got selected to in the very best Indian Army by his amazing boxing credentials, Vijender has got support from his brother financially to become a very proud and good boxer. He got professionaly trained at Bhiwani Boxing Club where a former popular national-level boxer and his coach, Jagdish Singh noticed his amazing talent and groomed him in this sport. Vijender Singh boxer first won a state-level competition. He that time won a silver medal at his first sub-junior nationals in 1997 and later in the 2000 Nationals, he also won his first gold medal. In the year of 2003, he became the all India Youth Boxing champion.
Vijender Singh Family
Vijender Singh was born in the father Mahipal Singh Beniwal and mother Krishna.
Vijender Singh has a good brother, Manoj, who is also a good boxer and serves in the Indian Army.
Vijender Singh married with his love Archana Singh on 17 May 2011.
The beautifull and amazing couple is blessed with a son, Arbir Singh.
Vijender Singh Career
He has able to appear in the 2004 Athens Olympic Games in the welterweight division but not get the medal and lost to Mustafa Karagollu of Turkey by a small marginal score of 20–25. Then again At the 2006 Commonwealth Games, he edged out Neil Perkins of England in the semifinal and managed to grab the finally awaiting silver medal before losing to South Africa’s Bongani Mwelase. And then Later, he decided to get into the middleweight division. There he was able to get the bronze medal at the 2006 Asian Games held in Doha. Again won the bronze medal in 2008 Beijing Olympic Games after defeating Carlos Góngora of Ecuador in the amazing match of quarter-final. In 2009, he awarde with the top country award of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award, the highest sporting honour of the country.
Then in the year of 2010 In January he was awarded with the biggest Padma Sri for the contribution in the Indian Sports. Then in the 2010 Commonwealth Games, he again get lost to England’s Anthony Ogogo in the semi-final match and get himself with a bronze medal. But this defeat did not affected him and in The same year, he won a gold medal at the Asian Games after defeating Abbos Atoev of country name Uzbekistan with a brilliant score of 7-0 in the final.
In the year 2012 London Olympics, he lost to Abbos Atoev of Uzbekistan in the quarter-final with alittle margin score of 13–17. Then in year 2014 Commonwealth Games, he able to score the silver medal after being defeated by Antony Fowler of England in the final. In 2015, he Vijender turned himself into the professional and signed a amazing multi-year contract with Frank Warren’s Queensberry Promotions through the IOS Sports and Entertainment.
On the date of 10 October 2015, he fought his first professional fight bout and defeated Sonny Whiting by TKO.
- In the year of 2010 Commonwealth Games, Vijender singh has been penalise with 2 point penalty for coming late by 20 seconds
- In 2013, the Punjab Police complain about his that he bought heroin from an NRI many times. But has got clean chit from the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA).
Vijender Singh Favourite Things
- Food(s): Grilled Lamb, Kadhai Chicken
- Boxer(s): Raj Kumar Sangwan, Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali
- Cricketer(s): Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag
Vijender Singh Salary/Net Worth
As in the year 2016, he has a net worth of Rs. 3.2 crore.
- He wants to become an soldier in the Indian Army but later, he chose the field of boxing.
- In 2011, he got a Bollywood film, but due to his love marriage, the producer dropped him thinking that he will not be popular among girls
- Vijender singh also appeared in Salman Khan‘s “Dus Ka Dum” game show with beautiful actress Mallika Sherawat.
- He has also done a job as bodyguard of actress Priyanka Chopra to protect her from the crowd, during a rally in Pune.
- His hometown name is, Bhiwani in Haryana is known as “Little Cuba” for giving many world class boxers.
- He is the only boxer to get the amazing Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award. Apart from Mary Kom
- In 2009 he was ranked No.1 in the name of world in the middleweight (75 kg) division by the International Boxing Association.
- Vijender Singh and also the actor Akshay Kumar are good friends.
- Served as the DSP in Haryana Police under sports quota.
- In 2013, he also get entered into the Bigg Boss 7 house only to meet wrestler Sangram Singh.
- Finally in the year of 2014, Vijender made his Bollywood debut with film “Fugly.”
- Vijender Singh hobbies are Listening to music, Workout, etc.
- In the year of 2019, he became a member of the Indian National Congress (INC) and he was given the ticket to contest the 2019 Lok Sabha from the South Delhi constituency.